Vice President of Global Supply Chain
Our client is a 4 billion year International Drilling Tools & Services Supplier based in Houston focused on growth, innovation, customer focus, and living our core values of Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence.
As the VP of Global Supply Chain, you’ll develop a strategy that will rationalize the Company’s supplier base and introduce supplier productivity programs aimed at cost reduction, improved process capability, lead time compression, and implementation of Company/Supplier information processes and systems that remove non-value added transactions. You’ll also collaborate with Business Unit Supply Chain Directors to fully leverage corporate wide purchasing and other duties as directed. This position will directly manage all indirect spend and leverage this spending across the entire organization.
- Develop both strategic and tactical procurement and transportation policies, plans and objectives; coordinate purchased material inventory planning and control programs; develop and administers programs to maintain excellence in business relationships between MCG and its suppliers.
- Implement programs and practices aimed at reducing supplier base and to further integrate our suppliers in our manufacturing operations.
- Establish performance standards and objectives regarding quality, cost, and timely delivery for Purchasing.
- Ensure approved Company policies and procedures are being carried out.
- Develop long-range Purchasing strategies and plans.
- Ensure that the selection, development, evaluation and management of purchasing personnel comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Develops short and long-range strategies and plans for the supply, quality assurance, inventory control levels, and price protection of purchased materials and services to meet Company needs, including new supplier development.
- Ensure timely “on-time” delivery of all purchased materials.
- Review existing and future supplier capacities to ensure that they have the capabilities to meet the Company’s immediate and strategic needs.
- Develop and forward to appropriate Senior Management Members cost/price forecasts, supplier quality analyses, commodity availability and capacities, market trends, inventory planning and control status, and key supplier profitability trends on a timely basis.
- Integrate sourcing activities cross functionally to provide and share in procurement best practices and drive important supplier initiatives, i.e., Supplier Rating Systems, Synchronous Flow Technology, Integrated Product Development, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement programs as they occur.
- Demonstrate innovative techniques and efforts geared towards maintaining, evaluating and rationalizing reliable strategic partnerships and secondary sources when required, to promote appropriate competition and insure continuity of supply chain.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure improved managed vendor/supplier relationships.
- Develop and drive execution strategies that support the organization’s goals and objectives for material competitiveness, supplier on-time delivery, supplier quality and new product development.
- Working with Finance, develop and implement standardized company metrics.
- Work with supply chain partners on the purchase of key raw and engineered components to ensure recognition of best network price and development of preferred material vendors based on quality, service & price.
- Manage the overall logistics related to material flow including both plant and supplier capacity management – including design & implementation of supplier parks at selected manufacturing facilities.
- Business Benefit Owner (BBO) for Procurement to Pay (PTP), Design to Build (DTB) and Quality (QUA) processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive responsibility over Purchasing, Materials Management, or Distribution in a service environment required.
- CPM, CIRM or APICS Certification highly preferred
- Experience in managing strategic (direct and indirect) purchases in a multi-plant environment.
- Experience in development of long-term commodity strategies/agreements in a Supply Chain Management environment.
- Experience creating policies and practices that leverage spend, manage supplier risk, optimize freight, and improve inventory turns in a global organization.
- Formal LEAN training regarding Kanban, pull, value stream mapping, and waste reduction is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually with a real commitment to change and continuous improvement.
resume with salary to email@example.com